Sunday 4 October 2015

Western Diamondback Rattlesnake bite - My project

Storyline:
The protagonist, Sara lives in United States and she went to the Sonoran Desert around 30 miles west to Maricopa in Arizona. She is 27 years old and the reason she went there was because four of her friends have organised a photography trip and they asked her to join. And so the day came and they went to the Sonoran Desert by cars. She was wearing a short sleeves T-shirt, knee length shorts and a pair of sandals. Soon, they have arrived the Sonoran Desert. She got every things set up and ready to take photos but she didn't realized a western diamondback rattlesnake was next to her and she accidentally stepped on it. She got bitten on the right foot of the Inferior Extensor Retinaculum area. Her friend quickly drove her to the nearest medical center, Banner Health Center in Maricopa and they arrived at the medical center within an hour. She has got a venomous snake bite and the wound was infected, but luckily she was rescued after injected the antivenom. 

For my project, I am going to show what the snake bite wounds looks like after 6 weeks. I'm going to follow the photo on below of how it looks like and adjust it to the design of my rattlesnake bite. Therefore, my design will show how the wound looks like a week before the wound on the photo below.
http://yxzl.baiduyy.com/chm11/jzyxtp/ch.16.htm
On above is a photo of a rattlesnake bite progression after 7 weeks. You can see on the photo that there is eschar formation, the blood changes into a coagulation form and experience tissue loss. The healing process takes place and you can see the edges of the wound starts to lift up. The wound is formed followed by the cease of blood loss from a damaged vessel and this shows the progress of recovery. So because I want to present my snake bite wound as after 6 weeks the victim was bitten by the western diamondback rattlesnake, it will be around 1 week earlier than the wound on the photo above. I have made some changes on the snake bite design and I will put more reddish color around the wounds to show the damaged blood vessels more as it will be more serious than the one after 7 weeks. I will keep the eschar formation on my wound as to show it has started the healing process. Also, for the wound after 6 weeks, it refers to the wound healing process which I have researched previously and there should be exudate under the scab. Granulation tissue which is a new vascular tissue in granular will then form on an ulcer or the healing surface of the wound.

My snake bite design drawing
From the photo of the 7 weeks snake bite wounds, you can see the wound isn't just yellow in color, but also have brownish color as well. This helps to create depth on the wound.. Also, for my wound design, it will not be as bump as the wound (7 weeks snake bite photo on above) as to show the granulation tissue on the skin. I will add shine on the wound by using vaseline as the fibres trap many red blood cells and platelets to form a jelly like clot.

References:
  • http://yxzl.baiduyy.com/chm11/jzyxtp/ch.16.htm 

No comments:

Post a Comment