Friday 6 November 2015

Applying and Fitting the Fangs on my model

For my Venus Flytrap hybrid, I have decided to use fake sharp pointy fangs to represent the guard hair and also the trigger hair of the Venus Flytrap. Another reason I bought this fangs for my design is because I like how the fangs has a bit yellowish tone on it which refer to how the Venus flytrap eats insects to get nutrients and I want my hybrid to present this idea by using her teeth instead to eat and catch the insects and so her teeth will look dirty and sharp in order to catch the prey. On below, the photo shows the fangs that I've bought and also show how the fangs look on my model. 
Dental Distortions: Fx Fangs (Gremlin)
Before:
Directions:
1. First, I have put the fangs into the hot water for around 30 seconds.
2. I have take the fangs out from the hot water and then place it onto the model's teeth and hold it into place for around 30 seconds. After that, remove the fangs from the mouth and let it set aside.
3. Get a cup of hot water and place the fitting pellets into the hot water. I have used 2/3 for the upper part of the fangs while 1/3 for the lower part.
4. Wait for the fitting pellets go clear and then take it out and roll the softened material into a snake shape. After that, quickly push the materials onto the two holes on each side of the fangs at the back of the fangs.
5. Then, place it back to the hot water for a few second.
6. Take the fangs out and place the fangs onto the mode's teeth in an upward motion for the upper fangs and downward motion for the lower part. Hold the fangs on the teeth for around 45 seconds.
7. Wait for the material at the back of the fangs to dry and after that, trim away the excess plastic on the fangs and then, it is done and ready to wear. 

After:
After my model has the fangs on: 
I'm pleased with the result of how the fangs look on my model and I like how natural it looks which helps me to create a more realistic character for my design. 

No comments:

Post a Comment