Friday 13 November 2015

My Flytrap Human Hybrid Look Analysis

The idea of my hybrid character is more about changing the anatomy of the body rather than changing the appearance of the face. I want my character to look feminine and like a goddess which refers to her name, 'Venus', but also shows the mysterious feeling and an eerie, evil character which is what the feelings that a Venus flytrap normally gives to people. Rather than just having a beautiful appearance, I want to create a beautiful creature but also shows evilness and eerie characteristics.The appearance of the Venus Flytrap looks beautiful in the way of their colors and their shapes and I want to present this idea through the use of makeup, hair and accessories. For the appearances of my hybrid, I want to keep some of the features of the human (the brows, skin tone, lashes, the structure of the human face), but I want to use colors and textures to present the elements of water, soil and the colors of the flytraps. For textures, I want to create the flytrap roots with silicone pieces and place it on the body to show and replace the idea of the human veins which means rather functioning the body with human veins, I want my character to use the roots instead to function her body. 
I also want to use sharp fake fangs for my character to show the idea of the cilia and trigger hairs of the flytraps. Because the cilia of the flytraps reminds me of the human teeth and also I think the cilia and trigger hairs from the flytraps look sharp and pointy, I want to change the appearance of the human teeth and apply the features of the cilia and trigger hairs onto the teeth by making it looks sharp and pointy. I want the teeth to look yellowish to show because flytraps eat insects to get nutrients, I want my character to share the same habits (eating insects) and so the teeth will look dirty and yellowish. This also helps me to create an evil and eerie character. My character will have dark red nails which shows femininity and also refers to the colors of the flytraps. The nails will look a bit long, but more likely to be normal human nails. 
For the hair design, I have used a crowd braid with strands of hair coming out from the front. The ideas of this is to show that as the patterns of the braid reminds me of the roots, how roots are overlapping each other and also as my model have really long hair and dark brown in color, it matches the features of the roots. The strands of hair helps to show a bit of messy effect as my character lives in boggy areas and she won't have tidy and neat hair and this helps me to create a more realistic character. I have placed some flytraps (pros) on the braid as well to present a flytrap character and I also want to show the flytraps are growing from my hybrid's hair (braid present the roots of the flytraps). My model has got light brown eye which is one of the reason I ask her to be my model. It is because the color brown refers and associated to the nature. There are red and white roses with leaves around her hair and body which I want to present her goddess and beautiful character and it also links to the Greek Goddess of Love, Aphrodite (Venus) as red and white roses is one of her signs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment