Saturday 7 November 2015

Experimenting the position of placing the flytraps on the head

Crown Braid
First, I have created the crown braid and then took strands of hair from the front to create the messy texture and look. 

1st composition:



For the first style, I have placed 7 flytraps around the bottom of the head and secured them on the braid. I think for this design, the position of the flytraps make them looks like they are in order which may not look as natural. I like this design because of how the flytraps are faced in different directions. 

2nd composition:
On the second style, I have placed the flytraps in different parts on the head. I like this design because it looks natural and also how some of the flytraps are grouped together but faced in different directions. The reason I place two flytraps at the top part facing the front is because I want some of the flytraps to show up when you look at the character at the front view. As you can see, you can't see the flytraps which are at the back from the front view. 

3rd composition:
For the third style, I have placed three flytraps on the right bottom and 4 flytraps on the top left. I think this design do not look as natural as the 2 design as the flytraps seem to look like they are placed in a sequence. But I like the way how the flytraps are faced in different directions. 

Chosen composition:
2nd composition
I have chosen the 2nd composition for my final design as I think the position looks more natural than the other two designs which makes the flytraps look more realistic and the way they look like they are growing from different directions which makes the design more interesting. Also on this design, I like how from the front view, you can see the flytraps on the top as well, so when I take the photos, the flytraps will be shown. 

No comments:

Post a Comment