Saturday 21 November 2015

Practicing for my final design

I have done another silicone pieces for my practice and I have applied them onto my model's skin to see how it looks like and also I have practiced the whole look of my final design as well.
On below are the silicone pieces that I've done.
First, I have done the crown braid on my model. 
Then, I have taken out strands of hair from the front.

After that, I have applied barrier foam on the area that I am going to place the silicone pieces on my model's skin first. Then, I have applied pros-aide on the skin and also at the back of the silicone pieces.
When I was waiting for the pros-aide to go clear on the skin and also behind the silicone pieces, I have done some of the make-up first (the base, eye-makeup and contouring).

On below shows the positions that I've placed my silicone pieces on the skin. The edges are folded together when I tried to pick the silicone pieces up, but I will blend the edges with isopropyl alcohol later.
Then, I have blended away the edges with baby buds and isopropyl alcohol.
After that, I have applied the skin tone color which matches my model's skin first from the Fx palette and then apply the dark brown color from the same palette and also blend the color a bit on the skin as well.
Then, I have wrapped the flowers around the body and tuck in the flytraps as well and finished the make-up look.
With the Fx fangs on:
I'm pleased with the final result of the look but there are some improvements that I need to make. To improve, I can blend the edges of the silicone pieces more and also I can add more green color under the cheekbones. I like how the flowers and the flytraps is positioned on the head and around the body. I think the color of the roots (silicone pieces) works well as well and is the color that I want to go for my design.

For the hairstyle, I think the braid at the front, I want it to look further on the forehead and a bit more messy and so on below, I have tried to braid the braid differently and the way how I section the hair.
First, I have made the hair into a side parting, then I start braiding from the left side.
The practice head hasn't got enough hair for me to wrap around the head at the front, but my model has got really long hair, so I will have enough hair to wrap around my mode's head.
I have taken strands of hair from the front. I think the braid from the photo on above looks better as I like how part of the braid cover the forehead and strands of hair coming underneath it. So I have decided to use this hairstyle for my final design instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment