Saturday 28 November 2015

Technical Evaluation

This unit has given me a variety of choices to develop and create my characters through the use of silicone molding and I'm glad that I've learnt this skills and techniques which helps me to understand more about prosthetics make-up. During the snake bite wound project that I first did, it allows me to understand what the silicone piece will result and impact the sculpture in terms of shapes and the details. I found the most challenging part from the silicone piece making is after I have poured the mixture of silicone A, B, deadener and pigment onto the mold, I need to remove the excess silicone from the mold and make sure the silicone lie as flat as possible. The reason I said this is because the mixture dries quickly and I need to work really fast before the mixture has started to dry. For the application part, I found the most challenging is after I have applied pros-aide onto the back of the mold and onto the skin, the pros-aide make the silicone piece fold easily as I picking it up. This happens to me when I did a bigger size silicone piece for the hybrid project. I personally think after the practices, it allows me to understand more about what I need to pay attention with during the process of the silicone piece making and also allows me to work faster as I remember the making process. Health and safety is important and I have followed the instructions such as changing the gloves when using different products to avoid cross contamination, wearing a mask and also open the windows, labelling the equipments, etc. After this project unit, I feel more confident to use the silicone molding techniques and the techniques to apply the silicone piece and remove it from my model.

No comments:

Post a Comment