Wednesday 4 November 2015

My Human Hybrid Project Idea

After looking at different nature creatures inspired artworks, architecture and film characters which are inspired by nature, I have decided what kind of nature elements I want to combine with my human hybrid. 
On above is a painting that I've researched and mentioned on the previous blog post and it inspired me to create a flytrap human hybrid character for this project. I like the way the artist used the Venus flytrap to replace the man's mouth and the shape of the flytrap actually looks like the shape of a human's mouth. The green part of the flytrap looks like the lips, the pink color inside the flytrap looks like the gums while the white cilia of the flytrap looks like the teeth. 

Flytrap Human Hybrid
http://www.thisiswhyimbroke.com/images/venus-fly-trap-640x533.jpg
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/37/
Venus_Flytrap_showing_trigger_hairs.jpg
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/08/b5/20/08b520eb483a88a6b046b2daad743635.jpg
Another reason I want to create a hybrid about Venus Flytrap is because I think they look pretty but at the same time also mysterious for me as the shapes of them reminds me of a mouth which makes me want to know more about this plant (how it functions? Why they look like this?etc.). Also, because in this project, we are creating a new beauty ideals creature inspired by nature and for me , I think the Venus Flytraps look beautiful in the way of their colors and appearances. 

No comments:

Post a Comment